With the elevation of the beta site to official status on December 15th, some users may have experienced some issues with accessing the RDA Toolkit. Here are a few reminders about logging in that have not changed and a few things that have.
- Basic Login -- both the access.rdatoollkit.org and original.rdatoolkit.org require a login. Logging into one does not log you into the other. A second login is required to access a profile.
- IP Authentication -- this works just as it always has. Remember that when you are logged into the new Toolkit, the homepage will still display the dark blue profile login box.
- Account ID/Password -- also works just the same way. You can login from the new Toolkit or from the original Toolkit.
- Single login with your profile -- this works only on the new RDA Toolkit.
- Accessing RDA Toolkit from Connexion and other ILS -- if your ILS connected to RDA Toolkit before, it will continue to do so. These links will resolve to the original RDA Toolkit.
- Accessing RDA Toolkit from Cataloger's Desktop -- Cataloger's Desktop is finalizing work that the will allow Toolkit subscribers to access either Toolkit.
- Using the Original Toolkit -- users must log into the original RDA Toolkit separately. But users should know that original site logins do not count towards your subscription user concurrency.