Unlocking the Power of RDA
The Joint Workshop with NARDAC and PCC SCT RDA Training Task Group: Unlocking the Power of RDA is a preconference event for ALA's Annual Conference & Exhibition held in Chicago, Illinois. The event will held Friday, June 23 from 8:00 am-4:00 pm.
The workshop will give a preview of PCC RDA Training Phase I work and introduce some new and challenging terms/concepts in the official RDA with examples. The workshop will also identify some actual cataloging changes relating to the new RDA, and list differences of the practice via RDA Toolkit and relevant documentation, including LC-PCC policy statements and Metadata Guidance Documentation (MGD). Examples, hands-on exercises, interactive Q&A will be provided in the workshop to help catalogers prepare for cataloging via the official RDA.
Topics below will be covered:
- Preview of PCC RDA Training Phase 1 work
- Some challenging new terms/concepts in the official RDA
- Some important content changes in the official RDA Toolkit and relevant documentation vs. the original RDA Toolkit and relevant documentation
- Hands-on session may include specific examples of different types of materials
- Q&A and sharing useful guidance/tools/tips
Speakers include Adam Baron, May Chan, Thomas Brenndorfer, Robert Maxwell, Melanie Polutta
Learn more about this preconference event